Migrating to Australia—Family Visas

Moving to Australia can seem a little daunting at first, especially when you hear about all the requirements, the unfamiliar territory, and the strange animals that pop out of nowhere. Well, we can guarantee that you need not be alone through the immigration process.

We are the leading migration agent in Melbourne, and we would gladly assist you with anything you need regarding your move to Australia. There are four categories of Australian Visas—Business Visa, Employer-Sponsored Visa, Skilled Visa, and Family Visa.

If you have family in Australia or are about to marry an Australian permanent resident or citizen, then you may want to look into the Family Visas.

Family Visas

Subclass 300 is the Prospective Marriage Visa. If your fiancée or fiancé holds an Australian citizenship, resident visa, or an eligible New Zealand citizenship, then you can apply for this visa. Couples must be of opposite sex, with the intentions of getting married. The couple must have met as adults, and must know each other to a certain extent.

Subclass 820/801 are the visas required for those who want to enter Australia before getting married. They are also somewhat known as partner visas. Couples can register within Australia or outside of it to prove that they have indeed been partners for more than 12 months. If you apply onshore, you will need to apply for the Subclass 820 or Subclass 801 visa.

Subclass 309/100 are the visas that you want to apply for if you are applying for a visa outside of Australia. These visas work similarly to the aforementioned one—the only major difference is location of application. Subclass 820, 801, 309, and 100 are all available for both heterosexual and same-sex couples.

Even though the requirements are quite simple—actually be in a relationship with an eligible person—the application process for these visas is quite tedious. Many people choose to find an agent to help them out with the application process. If you want to get your visa faster, then you can speed up your application if you meet certain criteria. Again, an agent will know how to do this.

Generally speaking, Australian partner visas are a little harder to obtain because you need to prove that you are in a relationship and have been for more than a year, at least.

Other Family Visas

There are other family visas available, as well, for other members of the family. For instance, there are Dependent Children Visas, Parents Visas, Contributory Parents Visas, Aged Parents Visas, and Remaining Relative Visas.

There is nothing wrong with applying for the visas on your own—especially these other visas that have simple processes and requirements. The other visas, though, require a little more thought and practice.

If you think that an Australian visa is necessary for you—whether to visit your family or travel around Australia, feel free to contact us for further information and any questions you may have. We are here to make your visa application process as smooth as possible.